If the CP of 10 articles equals the SP of 8 articles.find the profit or loss percent
Asked by ajayrath7 | 18th Oct, 2017, 05:49: PM
Let us try to approach the problem with these step(s)-
As the CP and SP are not given.
Let any variable 'x' be used to solve this problem.
As per the question,
CP of 10 articles = SP of 8 articles ---- (I)
Let CP of one article be Re 1. (Unitary Method)
Therefore, CP of 10 articles = 10
Now, Condition (I) becomes,
10 = SP of 8 articles
=> 10/8 = SP of one article.
Now compare the CP and SP of one article, we see that the SP of one article is greater than the CP of the article.
Can you guess is there a profit or loss?
SP>CP means loss.
Loss = SP - CP
Then, Loss =
On simplifying this, you will get
Loss percent = (Loss/CP) x 100
Loss% = (2/8) x 100 = 25%
Hope you may now attempt similar questions.
Answered by | 20th Dec, 2017, 04:56: PM
- Find the missing number x in the third circle.
- Complete the series: (i) 20, 15, 10, ___, ___. (ii) 3, 9, 15, ___, ___.
- In the following product, find A, B and C.
- In the following addition, find A.
- Make 3 numbers from the digits 3, 5 and 1 taken in order, add them and verify that the sum is divisible by 37.
- Write all possible numbers using the digits 2, 4, 7 without repeating them.
- "The difference of the two digit chosen number and the number obtained by reversing the digits is divisible by 9." Verify this property for the numbers 67 and 39.
- "The sum of a two digit number and the number obtained by reversing its digits is divisible by 11." Verify this property for the numbers 32 and 89.
- Write the following numbers in usual form: (i) 100 x 7 + 10 x 9 + 1 x 8 (ii) 1000 x 3 + 100 x 1 + 10 x 5 + 1 x 9
- Write the following numbers in expanded form. (i) 45 (ii) 123
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number