If only one male gamete fuses with the female gamete then how are twins and triplets born?
Asked by deepikankur | 1st Dec, 2017, 09:38: AM
Twins are formed in one of two ways:
- Identical twins occur when a single fertilized egg splits into two.
- Fraternal twins occur when two, separate eggs are fertilized by two, separate sperms.
Triplets can be either formed after one fertilised egg which has split into three identical embryos, or they are formed from separate eggs.
Triplets can also occur when there is a set of identical twins conceived and another egg is released which is then fertilised by another sperm.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 1st Dec, 2017, 10:55: AM
- what is means of fertilisation
- the fusion of ovum and sperm is called
- what is embryo
- how do twice baby forms
- Difference between male urethra and female urethra
- What is the process to enter Male sprem cell into the female
- What is fertilisation
- how do hens lay egg
- what is externa and Internal fertilization
- What is zygote?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number