If N pole of bar magnet is towards Earth's geographical south pole.Then no. of neutral points is
please tell how to calculate in detail
Asked by Kb Aulakh | 20th Apr, 2015, 05:04: PM
There are two points equidistant from the centre of the magnet marked as ‘X’ in the north and south direction where the magnetic field of the magnet and the horizontal component of the earth's magnetic field are equal in magnitude and they are in opposite directions such that the two fields neutralise each other.
These points are the neutral points. A compass needle when placed at these points remains unaffected and it rests pointing in any direction.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 20th Apr, 2015, 07:15: PM
- Why can't the south pole of the magnetic needle deflect in Ampere swimming Rule??
- Find the magnitude and direction
- A wire of length l is bent in the form of a circular loop with a no of turns and is suspended in a magnetic field of intensity B. Find the expression for the maximum torque produced on the circular loop when a current I is passed through it.
- MUST EVERY MAGNETIC CONFIGURATION HAVE NORTH POLE AND SOUTH POLE AND CAN WE THINK OF MAGNETIC FIELD CONFIGURATION WITH THREE POLES ?
- A MAGNETISED NEEDLE IN A UNIFORM MAGNETIC FIELD EXPERIENCES A TORQUE BUT NO NET FORCE. HOWEVER, AN IRON NAIL NEAR A BAR MAGNET EXPERIENCES A FORCE OF ATTRACTION IN ADDITION TO TORQUE. EXPLAIN
- Cyclotron uses
- A nickel bar magnet is heated to 500oC and then cooled in free space, which is devoid of any magnetic field. Will the bar retain magnetism?
- A system of two concentric coils of radii 10 cm and 20 cm is placed vertically along the East-West direction as represented in the given figure. The inner coil carries 10 A current in anti-clockwise direction and the outer coil carries 12 A current in clockwise direction. Calculate the net magnetic field with direction at the centre of the concentric coils.
- Explain why magnetic field is circular if current is straight?
- The given figure represents a simple frame of wire carrying current I. Calculate the magnetic field at the centre O.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number