If in a rectangle,the length is increase and the breadth is reduce by 2 units each,the area is reduce by 28square unit. If the length is reduce by 1 unit,and breadth increase by 2 unit, the area increase by 33square unit. Fine the dimension of the rectangle
Asked by fervency98 | 8th Jul, 2019, 04:28: PM
Let the length and breadth of rectangle be x and y.
Hence the original area of rectangel = xy
According to the question
(x + 2)(y - 2) = xy - 28
Solving this we get 2x - 2y = 24.....(i)
(x - 1)(y + 2) = xy + 33
Solving we get 2x - y = 35 ....(ii)
Solving (i) and (ii) we get x = 23 and y = 11
Answered by Sneha shidid | 8th Jul, 2019, 04:41: PM
- Five years hence,the age of jacob will be three times that of his son. Five years ago,Jacob's age was seven times of his son .What are their present ages(solve point by point)
- Solve the pairs of equation. x+y-3.3=0 and 2y-3x-0.6=6
- Solve for x and y: ac+by-2a+3b=0 And. bx-ay=3a+2b
- A Man walks a certain distance with certain speed. If he walks 1/2 km/h faster ,he takes 1 hour less,but if he walks 1 km a hour slower, he takes 3 more hours.Find the distance covered by the man and his original rate of walking. Answer is Distance-36 and speed 4km/h
- Hello Sir, Please clear my doubt: The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 9. Also 9 times the number is twice the number obtained by reversing the digits. Find the number.
- x+y=a+b ax-by=a^2-b^2 Solve for x and y
- The difference to two natural number is 5 and the difference of their reciprocal is 5/14.find the number.
- 3/x -1/y = 9 2/x + 3/y = 5 Solve using elimination method
- Rohit takes 3 hrs more than Ajay to walk 30 km, if Rohit doubles his pace, he is ahead of Ajay by 1½ hrs. Find their speed of walking.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number