if an angle is 4 times its complement. what is the measure of the angle
Asked by omsingh | 1st Jun, 2015, 07:01: PM
The two angles are complementary angles, hence their sum is 90 degrees.
The one angle is 4 times its complement. (given)
Then, if the complementary angle is x, then the other angle will be 4x.
Thus, we have
x + 4x = 90
5x = 90
x = 18
4x = 72
Thus, the measures of two angles are 18 and 72.
Answered by Rashmi Khot | 2nd Jun, 2015, 09:25: AM
- in the given figure, prove that triangle AOC is congreunt to triangle BOD
- what is rhs criteria in congruence
- Explain SSS congruence condition with the help of a diagram.
- Explain SAS congruence condition with the help of a diagram.
- Explain ASA congruence condition with the help of a diagram.
- In the triangle given below, prove that ACB = XZY.
- In the figure given below, AD = CD and AB = CB. (i) Is ABD CBD? (ii) Does BD bisect ABC?
- In the figure below, AB and CD bisect each other at O. show that: (i) AOC BOD (ii) AC = BD (iii) OAC = OBD.
- In the figure given below, show that KOL BOH.
- Explain the RHS congruence criterion. Given below are two triangles ABC and PQR. Prove that ABC PQR.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number