If A has diameter of 6cm ams B has diameter of 12cm what ia the no of ratation A makes by the time B complete one rotation?
Asked by VAshwika23 | 18th Dec, 2019, 06:46: AM
A moves over circular path having diameter 6 cm
Thus, r = 3 cm
Thus, distance travelled by A is = 2∏r = 2 x 3.14 x 3 = 18.84 cm
B moves along circle of diameter of 12 cm
Thus, r1 = 6 cm
Thus, distance tavelled by B = 2∏r1 = 2 x 3.14 x 6 = 37.68 cm
From this it is clear that the time taken by A to complete one rotation will less than time taken by B.
Also, by the time B completes one rotation the distance covered by A will be more than B as the circle along which it is moving is less than that travelled by B.
Let's consider that B completes one rotation in 't' seconds then the number rotations completed by A in 't' seconds will be = 37.68 cm/18.84 cm = 2
Thus, number of rotations completed by A along its path by the time B complete its 1 rotation are 2.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 18th Dec, 2019, 01:06: PM
- What is the difference between distance and displacement?
- What are the different types of graph
- 1 what is motion and differentiate between uniform and non uniform motion? 2 what is displacement?
- when a ball is thrown into the air from certain point from the ground. and reaches a point on ground 50m from point of projection what its displacemt
- Explain the following concept in your own word with everyday example . Force ,work,displacement ,velocity, acceleration,distance
- In a 100 meter race, Gourav and Sachin reached the finishing line at the same time. Which of the following are the possible graphs to show that both competitors reached the finishing line at time 't'.
- The distance travelled by an object at various intervals are as follows Distance (m) : 0 25 50 75 100 Time (s) : 0 2 4 6 8 What distance is the distance covered by the object at 5s and 7s
- Ram travels on a straight road. He goes from position A to position B. The distance between A and B is 4 Km. Now from position B he turns back and trvels a distance of 2 Km to reach the position C. a) Find the distance covered by Ram during the whole journey. b) Find the magnitude of his displacement.
- Calculate the speed of the car between points (i) A and origin and (ii) A and B whose distance-time graph is given below.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number