If 80% of the students in class score marks above 75 out of which 60% are girls. Find the probability that a student selected at random is a boy who has scored less than 75, given that percentage of boys in the class is 44.
Asked by renukanancyqueen2015 | 20th Dec, 2015, 07:56: PM
Answered by Vimala Ramamurthy | 21st Dec, 2015, 12:36: PM
- Bag I contains 3 red and 4 black balls and Bag II contains 4 red and 5 black balls. Two balls are transferred at random from Bag I to Bag II and then a ball is drawn from Bag II. The ball so drawn is found to be red in color. Find the probability that the transferred balls were both black. Answer soon
- if x is the number of black marbles from a set of 40 colourful marbles, another 30 black marbles are added to it and the probability becomes twice as the first case , what is the value of x
- How many numbers are there BETWEEN 500 and 1000? (Needed for a probability question)
- 1.What is the probability that a leap year has 52 Mondays? 2.Two numbers 'a' and 'b' are selected successively without replacement in that order from integers 1 to 10.The probability that a\b is an integer is
- a mising helicopter is reported to have crashed in a rectangular region of 7000 sq km. what is the probability that it has crashed in a circular lake of radius 10 km
- A bag contains 12 balls out of which x are black. If one ball is drawn at random from the box, what is the probability that it will be a black ball? If 6 more black balls are put in the box the probability of drawing a black ball is now double of what it was before. Find x.
- what is the probability for a family with three children to have a boy and 2 girls (Assuming the probability of having a boy and a girl is equal)?? . . . Is the answer 1/3 and 2/3
- A die is thrown, find the probability of the event of getting a square number.
- A die is thrown once. Find the probability of getting (i) a prime number. (ii) a number divisible by 2
- A pair of dice are thrown once. Find the probability of getting the same number (doublet) on each dice.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number