If 1 g of contains x atoms, what will be the number of atoms in 1 g of magnesium? (C=12 u, Mg= 24 u)
Asked by gspublicschool | 22nd Oct, 2019, 10:00: AM
1 g of carbon contains x atoms ......... (1)
1 mole of carbon = gram molecular mass of carbon = 12 gms
i.e., 12 gms of Carbon = 1 mole
From (1) and (2) we get,
As given we have to find out the number of atoms in 1 gm of Mg,
1 mole of Mg = 24 gm ..... ( mass no. of Mg = 24)
In order to find the number of atoms of Mg in 1 g, lets solve (2) and (3)
Answered by Ramandeep | 22nd Oct, 2019, 04:29: PM
- are there easy ways to calculate the empirical formula and molecular formula of a compound? if asked in NEET to finish in less than a minute?
- hello sir, please explain the below two questions.
- what is mole fraction when alcohol 10% and w/w solution
- 50 ml of 0.1 (M) H2SO4 is mixed with 150 ml of 0.2 (M) NaOH solution, the resulting solution is (A) Acidic, (N/5) (B) Basic, (N/5) (C) Basic, 0.075 (M) (D) Basic,(N/10)
- How is Meq (miliequivalent) and g-eq (gram equivalent) different?
- pls explain
- what is mean by molar volume of gas
- When 50 ml of HCl reacts With 10gm of CaCO3,Normality of solution is?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number