(i) Write the importance of skull.
(ii) What is function of the discs of cartilage present between the vertebrae of backbone?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 15th Jun, 2016, 12:45: PM
(i) The skull is made of many bones that are joined together. It encloses and protects a very important part of the body, the brain.
(ii) The discs of cartilage are present between various vertebrae of backbone. These discs allow the vertebrae to move slightly and enable the backbone to bend forwards and backwards.
Answered by | 15th Jun, 2016, 02:45: PM
- what is keen joint
- what are bones made up of ?
- what is bone ?
- Why is the human skull made up of smaller bones rather than just one hollow spherical bones?
- how many bones are in human body
- (i) What are the hip bones called? What is their role?(ii) What is the role of a rib cage?
- How do muscles help in moving the bones?
- (i) What is a backbone? (ii) What is the scientific name of backbone? (iii) Write the main functions of backbone.
- (i) What is skeleton? (ii) What are the various functions of skeleton?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number