(i) Why do freezers in freeze are always at top?
(ii) Why does hot air rise and cold air sink?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(i) Freezers are always located at the top of the refrigerators so as to easily circulate the cold air downwards and keep the refrigerator cold.
(ii) Cool air is more dense than warm air, so the cool air falls through the warm air. Warm air being light rises up.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- when a person places the hand over a warm fire heat transfer takes place by the process of
- what is land breeze?
- If air is a bad conductor of heat, why do we not feel warm without clothes?
- (i) What is difference between conduction and convection?(ii) It is hotter at the same distance over the top of a fire than it is on the side of it. Why?
- Why should air coolers be kept higher up in the room, and not down like the heaters?
- Why room heaters should be placed at the floor of the room?
- Why does hot air rise and cold air sink?
- (i) How does the convection current form?(ii) A hot utensil kept away from the flame cools down. How?
- How do ocean currents form?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number