i) What is the significance of:- a)Coelom
ii) Explain the difference between pseudocoelom, acoelom, false coelom and true coelom.
Asked by aarya_t | 26th Feb, 2015, 11:00: PM
Thanks for asking us a question in Ask the Expert section of TopperLearning.com.
Answer to one of your questions is given below:
Significance of coleom:
- Coelomic cavity or coelom is the fluid-filled cavity where the internal organs remain suspended.
- It is formed within the mesoderm layer of the embryo during the development of organisms.
- Coelom absorbs shocks and allows the muscles to grow independently.
Significance of scientific nomenclature:
- Scientific names are followed and understood all over the world.
- These names do not differ according to country or language.
- The scientific name is unique and can be used to identify an organism anywhere around the world.
- It helps to maintain individual identity.
- It enables us to understand the relationship between different organisms.
In case of multiple questions within a query, please post each question individually and let us know where you are getting stuck so that we would be able to explain things better.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 27th Feb, 2015, 10:57: AM
- what is the advantage of classifying organisms
- Explain me how are primitive and advanced organisms not quite correct terms whereas older and younger organisms are correct terms in the classification of organisms. This question comes from class -9 NCERT Book page-82
- Organisms in the 1st group are frequently referred to as primitive or lower organisms,while those in second group are called advanced or higher organisms. In reality, these terms are not quite correct since they don't properly relate to differences. Please explain me these sentences and tell me why these two terms are incorrect in reality . This question comes from page 82 of class-9 NCERT science book.
- What are the advantages of classifying organisms?
- why there is need to classify organism
- Meaning of primitive
- What criteria do we use to decide whether something is alive Or not?
- Difference between cold-blooded animals and warm blooded animals.
- Why do we classify organism
- What is hemophrodite animal?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number