(i) What is skeleton?
(ii) What are the various functions of skeleton?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 15th Jun, 2016, 12:46: PM
(i) The bony framework inside our body is called skeleton.
(ii) Functions of skeleton:
a. It holds the whole body together and gives it a shape.
b. It protects many delicate internal organs of the body.
c. It provides numerous points for the attachment of muscles of the body.
d. Alongwith muscles, skeleton helps in the movement of body parts and locomotion.
Answered by | 15th Jun, 2016, 02:46: PM
- what is keen joint
- what are bones made up of ?
- what is bone ?
- Why is the human skull made up of smaller bones rather than just one hollow spherical bones?
- how many bones are in human body
- (i) Write the importance of skull.(ii) What is function of the discs of cartilage present between the vertebrae of backbone?
- (i) What are the hip bones called? What is their role?(ii) What is the role of a rib cage?
- How do muscles help in moving the bones?
- (i) What is a backbone? (ii) What is the scientific name of backbone? (iii) Write the main functions of backbone.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number