(i) What does the forelimb of bird and forelimb of human being indicates?
(ii) Explain the term analogous organs with examples.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Nov, 2013, 08:13: AM
(a) The forelimb of bird and forelimb of human being are homologous organs.
(b) Analogous organs- Those organs which have different basic structure but have similar appearance and perform similar functions are called analogous organs.
Example- wings of an insect and a bird have different structures but perform similar functions.
Answered by | 27th Nov, 2013, 10:13: AM
- Difference between analogous and homologous organ
- Differentiate between homologous and analogous organs with atleast 5 points( use only simple words)
- Explain the evolution process
- which type of organ is vermiform appendix?
- Q (2m) Write two comments about anology in animals . (What do u mean by anology?)
- How do embryological studies provide evidence for evolution?
- (3marks) (i)Identify the fossils A and B. (ii)What type of fossils are these?
- Mention some of the tools for tracing evolutionary relationships among species
- how is classification related to evolution
- How fossils help in tracing the organic evolution.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number