(i) What are the two ways in which atmospheric nitrogen gets fixed into usable forms?
(ii) How do herbivores obtain nitrogen for their body?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(a) A few nitrogen fixing bacteria like Rhizobium and certain blue green algae can fix atmospheric nitrogen into usable forms like nitrates and nitrites.
(b) Sometimes nitrogen gets fixed due to the high temperatures and pressures during lightning, thereby creating usable forms of nitrogen.
(ii) Herbivores feed on plant parts and obtain the plant proteins and other nitrogen compounds from them which they use for building nitrogen compounds in their own bodies.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- How is nitrogen fixd in lightning
- name nitrogen fixing bacteria
- which bacteria does not fix nitrogen a]clostridium b]rhizobium c] azotobacter d]nitrosomonas I clicked clostridium but is given as wrong and the right answer is nitrosomonas how it is possible as clostridium is a bad bacteria?????!!!!!!
- Give two examples of leguminous plants.
- Name any two vital nitrogen compounds of living organisms.
- How do herbivores obtain nitrogen for their body?
- How the nitrates in the soil get decomposed?
- How is atmospheric nitrogen utilized by plants?
- How does the amount of nitrogen in atmosphere remain more or less constant?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number