i)what are the limitations of solar energy? ii)what is ovulation and when does it take place during the menstrual cycle?
Asked by | 19th Feb, 2012, 01:43: PM
Limitations of solar energy:
- The initial cost of the equipment used to harness the suns energy is very high. Solar energy technologies still remain a costly alternative to the use of readily available fossil fuel technologies.
- A solar energy installation requires a large area for the system to be efficient in providing a source of electricity. This may be a disadvantage in areas where space is short, or expensive (such as inner cities).
- Pollution can be a disadvantage to solar panels, as pollution can degrade the efficiency of photovoltaic cells. Clouds also provide the same effect, as they can reduce the energy of the suns rays.
- Solar energy is only useful when the sun is shining. During the night, the expensive solar equipment will be useless, however the use of solar battery chargers can help to reduce the effects of this disadvantage.
- The location of solar panels can affect performance, due to possible obstructions from the surrounding buildings or landscape.
Answered by | 20th Feb, 2012, 09:51: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number