(i) What are the hip bones called? What is their role?
(ii) What is the role of a rib cage?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 9th Dec, 2013, 10:44: AM
(i) The hip bones are called the pelvic bones. They enclose the portion of our body below the stomach. This is the part on which we sit.
(ii) The chest bones (ribs) and the backbone are joined together to form a box called the rib cage. This cage provides protection to some internal organs of our body like heart, lungs and liver.
Answered by | 9th Dec, 2013, 12:44: PM
- what is keen joint
- what are bones made up of ?
- what is bone ?
- Why is the human skull made up of smaller bones rather than just one hollow spherical bones?
- how many bones are in human body
- (i) Write the importance of skull.(ii) What is function of the discs of cartilage present between the vertebrae of backbone?
- How do muscles help in moving the bones?
- (i) What is a backbone? (ii) What is the scientific name of backbone? (iii) Write the main functions of backbone.
- (i) What is skeleton? (ii) What are the various functions of skeleton?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number