I want to know the two functions of chloroplast
Asked by vickykumar60.10spicertl | 17th May, 2020, 10:47: AM
Functions of chloroplast:
1. Chloroplasts contain green pigment chlorophyll which imparts green color to the leaves.
2. Chloroplasts capture light energy from the sun to produce the free energy stored in ATP and NADPH through a process called photosynthesis.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 17th May, 2020, 07:55: PM
- Please tell me the first answer, and how did you arrive at the answer, what is the reason for the answer..
- What is the Difference between end products of light reaction and dark reaction? If lime water is placed in the experimental set up for proving carbon dioxide is necessary for photosynthesis, will it work satisfactorily. Give reason. Describe the chemical changes which takes place in dark reactions. Why is the light independent phase called biosynthetic phase?
- the exchange of gases during respiration and photosynthesis takes place by
- Explain the mechanism of opening and closing stoma by Potassium ion concentration theory
- how is water formed as a result of photosynthesis? explain the process for the formation of water molecule as a product of photosynthesis.
- The photolyis of water and co2 fixation takes places in where?
- State true or false, if false rewrite the correct statement: The pH of the guard cells increase during daytime.
- Do as directed: 1.two memberanes which divide cochlea inti 3 parts. 2.isotonic and hypertonic (ratio of solute and solvents) 3.pineal body and hypothalamus(difference in position in brain) 4.monocytes are scavangers(T/F) 5.photosynthesis occurs in mosses(T/F) 6.radiant energy os converted into chemical energy during photosynthesis(T/F).
- Name the following : 1) The kind of plastids found in mesophyll cells of leaf 2) The compound which stores energy in the cells 3) The part of chloroplast where the dark reaction of photosynthesis takes place
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number