I want the circuit diagrams and some information about it.
Asked by hasanali.ali986 | 20th May, 2015, 11:27: AM
Here, the aim is to study the variations in the current in circuit containing LDR because of variation in
(a) Power of incandescent lamp and
(b) Distance of lamp from the LDR.
You will need the following appartus to construct the circuit and study it:
2) Source of different power rating
4) Bulb holder
5) Metre scale
6) Multimeter (a regular voltmeter is not sufficient as the readings will be small and precise)
The circuit for studying this is as shown below:
The procedure to be followed is:
1) Connect the circuits as shown in the figure above.
2) The readings in the multimeter should be resistance (by selecting Ohm section) and Current (by selecting μA section)
3) Note the readings of current and resistance for a particular distance and then change the distance in regular intervals and note the readings again.
4) Now, change the source and note the readings again.
You will observe the following:
1) The LDR resistance decreases with increase in intensity of light and hence the current increases.
2) The current through the circuit decreases as there is increase in distance.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 21st May, 2015, 05:24: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number