(i) Scientists and environmentalists continuously emphasize the negative effects of carrying out deforestation. Mention these effects.
(ii) Which of the following cannot be caused by deforestation? Why?
(b) Severe droughts
(c) Increase in soil fertility
(d) Global warming
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(i) The negative effects of carrying deforestation are:
a. It causes increase in the temperature and pollution level on the earth.
b. It increases the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere whereas the ground water level gets lowered.
c. Deforestation disturbs the balance in nature.
(ii) Increase in soil fertility cannot be caused by deforestation.
Deforestation causes large amount of soil erosion, due to which the lower, hard and rocky layers get exposed. The fertile soil gets washed away during soil erosion. Hence, soil fertility gets reduced and is not increased during deforestation.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- how to make recycled paper from waste news pepar
- why no dodo bird is not found in world
- What is the main reason that many species are becoming endangered? Habitat Destruction Disease Natural Selection Acid rain
- In which processes plants are involved ?
- ------------------------- species is that which will become extinct if nothing is done to stop the cause of its decline a]endangered b]extinct c]exotic d]endemic
- (i) Discuss any two problems that can arise if deforestation continues.(ii) What is the relation between deforestation and obtaining fuel?
- What is the relation between deforestation and obtaining fuel?
- (i) There was massive destruction of a large forest area due to forest fires. A few years later, severe droughts were experienced in that region. Explain how the massive deforestation led to droughts.(ii) Which of the following cannot be caused by deforestation? Why? (a) Desertification (b) Severe droughts (c) Increase in soil fertility (d) Global warming
- How does carbon dioxide cause global warming?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number