I have doubts in the following questions.Please explain them to me Sir.
1.An object is held at 30cm in front of a convex mirror of focal length 15cm.At what distance from the convex mirror a plane mirror be held so that the images coincide with each other?
2.What is the value of focal length of a plane mirror?
3.How can you distinguish between a plane,concave and convex mirror without touching them?
4.It is desired to obtain an erect image of an object,using a concave mirror of focal length 20cm.
What should be the range of distance of the object from the mirror?
5.A ray of light is deviated through an angle of 60' by a plane mirror.Find
c)angle between the mirror and the direction of incident ray.
Asked by SHUBHAM GHODE | 18th Mar, 2017, 12:23: PM
NOTE: Kindly post each question as a separate query.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 20th Mar, 2017, 09:53: AM
- A Ray of light passing through the centre of curvature of a concave mirror is incident on its reflecting surface . What is the angle of incidence and angle of reflection of this ray.
- What is the general value of magnification in lens and mirror
- An object is placed in front of a concave mirror of focal length 30 cm. The virtual image of the object is obtained at a distance 20 cm from the mirror. Calculate the position of the object. Please explain briefly step by step
- The centre of curvature of a covnvex mirror is 20 cm,from the pole of the mirror find its length
- A thin rod of length f/3 is placed along optical axis a concave mirror of focal length f such that its image which is real and elongated just touches rod . calculate the magnification.
- A small candle, 2.5 cm in size is placed at 27 cm in front of a concave mirror of radius of curvature 36 cm. At what distance from the mirror should a screen be placed in order to obtain a sharp image? Describe the nature and size of the image. If the candle is moved closer to the mirror, how would the screen have to be moved?
- What is the importance of magnification. Explain by giving examples.
- I saw in some websites that mirror chapter is removed from the syllabus for 2018-19 and will not come in board exam.So, I want to if ot's true or not(please tell me quickly as I have to read it for exams)
- A convex mirror of focal length f produces an image (1/n)th of the size of object. What is the distance of the object from the mirror?
- Which type of mirror is used in headlights of car and why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number