i don't understand why do s and p bluck elements are called representative elements?

Asked by prema chauhan | 16th May, 2012, 09:09: PM

Expert Answer:

S- and p- electrons fill in a regular repeating manner. Hence, elements in the s- and p-blocks have predictable patterns that represent a wide range of properties. Therefore, the s- and p-block elements are called the main-group, or representative, elements.  

Answered by  | 16th May, 2012, 11:52: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.