i am aarthi .
I have doubts in these questions .
1 . Three resistors each of 2 ohms are connected together , so that their resistance is 3 ohms . draw a diagram to show this arrangment and check it by calculation .
2 . when two resistors of resistance R1 and R2 are connected in parallel , the net resistance is 3 ohms . when connected in series its value is 10 ohms . calculate the values of R1 and R2 .
Asked by palani002001 | 25th May, 2015, 01:01: PM
1. R1 = R2 = R3 = 2 Ω
The resultant resistance is 3 Ω. Hence, the combination will be 2 resistors in parallel and their combination in series with the third.
The resistance between A and B is
This is in series with R3. So, we get
R = Rs + R3 = 1 + 2 = 3 Ω
NOTE: Kindly post the other question as a separate query.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 26th May, 2015, 01:49: PM
- Please answer this question
- Find the equivalent resistance between AB AC and AD
- Q. Find the current drawn from the battery by the network of 4 resistors shown in the diagram. Kindly Refer the file uploaded for diagram.
- please tell how to solve
- what is effective resisitance and how can we find it
- how to calculate the resistance if the resistors are inclined between parallel wires
- two lamps one rated 100w at 220 v and the other rated 200w at 220v are connected in 1.series 2. parallel to electirc main supplt of 220v. find the current drawn in each case
- Two lamps rated (100w, 220v) and (60w, 220v) are connected in parallel. which lamp consumes more energy and which one gives more brightness? Find the resistance of each lamp. ( Take supply voltage as 220 v).
- Find the equivalent resistance across wire A and B
- Is potential difference between different points of the circuit same or different
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number