i am aarthi .
I have doubts in these questions .
1 . Three resistors each of 2 ohms are connected together , so that their resistance is 3 ohms . draw a diagram to show this arrangment and check it by calculation .
2 . when two resistors of resistance R1 and R2 are connected in parallel , the net resistance is 3 ohms . when connected in series its value is 10 ohms . calculate the values of R1 and R2 .
Asked by palani002001 | 25th May, 2015, 01:01: PM
1. R1 = R2 = R3 = 2 Ω
The resultant resistance is 3 Ω. Hence, the combination will be 2 resistors in parallel and their combination in series with the third.
The resistance between A and B is
This is in series with R3. So, we get
R = Rs + R3 = 1 + 2 = 3 Ω
NOTE: Kindly post the other question as a separate query.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 26th May, 2015, 01:49: PM
- Four points A,B,C and D are in a line .If resistance between A and B , B and C ,C and D are 2 ohm, 4 ohm ,6 ohm respectively then what will be the effective resistance between A and B
- Four resistors of 2 ohm each are first connected in series and then in parallel with a battery, Find the ratio of electric current in series and parallel connection
- Resistance of 20ohm, 20ohm and 30ohm are connected in parallel.what resistance must be added in series with the combination to obtain a total resistance of 10ohm.if the complete circuit expands a power of 0.36KW, Find the total current flowing. (Ans 2.5ohm , 6A)
- You have three resistors of value 2 ohms 3 ohms and 5 ohms how will you join them so that total residence will more than 7 ohms
- what is difference between resistance and resistivity
- Please help to solve these question
- Three resistors of 10, 20 and 30 ohms are connected in parallel to a 9V battery. Calculate: ( a)Value of current through each resistor (b)Total current in the circuit (c)Total effective resistance of the circui
- From the diagram, determine i) the equivalent resistance of the entire circuit ii) the current through each resistor iii) th total currnt from the power supply iv) the voltage drop across each resistor PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- A wire of length 10 cm is bent in the form of a circle of radius 2 mm. Calculate equivalent resistance along any two diametrically opposite points if total resistance of wire was 4 ohm
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number