hypotonic solution is an osmosis or diffusion process
Asked by psgoud69 | 28th Jun, 2019, 07:25: PM
If the medium or the solution surrounding the cell has a higher water concentration than the cell, the solution is known as a hypotonic solution. Here, the cell will gain water by endosmosis. Movement of water molecules into the cell when the cell is placed in hypotonic solution is called endosmosis.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 29th Jun, 2019, 10:01: PM
- what is dehydrated
- what is osmosis
- How do substance like CO2 water move in and out of the cell? Discuss
- what is isotonic
- Explain the types of solution on the basis of it's concentration and it's effect on cell.
- What is plasmolysis What is cytoplasm What do you mean by hypotonic solution
- Difference between hypotonic and hypertonic solution
- What would happen when shelled raw egg and deshelled boiled egg are placed in water?
- what is hypotonic solution
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number