how would you detect the presence of magnetic field on an unknown planet
Asked by vinodjoshi112233 | 10th Dec, 2017, 08:16: PM
As per Faraday effect, when Coil made up of good conductor is moved in magnetic field an EMF is induced in the coil that can be measured by a sensitive voltmeter. Hence in the unknown planet we have to rotate a coil made up of copper wire and try to measure the EMF, if any, generated across the end points of the coil by a high impedence voltmeter. If EMF is detected that indictes the presence of magnetic field
Answered by | 11th Dec, 2017, 02:31: PM
- 1 APPLICATIONSS OF EDDY CURRENT IN BEAT GALVANOMETRE , IN ELECTRIC BRAPES AND MORE APPLICATTIONS 2 STATE DEMERITS OF EDDY CURRENTS
- Why are the induced currents named eddy currents?
- How are eddy currents induced?
- At atomic level is there any difference between eddy current and direct current?
- State and explain some uses of eddy current?
- It is said that eddy currents have advantages and disadvantages too. What are the disadvantages?
- Why does the core is laminated in transformers?
- Which two laws are used to find the direction of eddy currents?
- <div>why is eddy current in circular motion?why does a transformer gets heated up??pls explain in detail....</div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number