how would a person develop those diseases that dont spread by contact with asick person ?
Asked by | 26th Nov, 2012, 10:50: PM
That would depend on the type of disease. For example :
- Deficiency diseases like scurvy, Kwashiorkor, anaemia etc are caused by inadequate diet.
- Inherited diseases like haemophilia are caused by passing of defective genes from parents to offspring
- Degenerative diseases like arthritis are caused by wearing away of organs and tissues usually with age
- Mental diseases like depression and paranoia are caused by brain damage
- Hormonal imbalances cause disorders like hyperthyroidism, diabetes etc.
- Malfunctioning of the immune system causes problems like allergy
Answered by | 27th Nov, 2012, 09:12: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number