How we will refine the double salt solution.... i.e K2SO4.Al2(SO4)3.24H2O.... In order to get potassium and aluminum...
Asked by shamim.ayanahmad | 8th Jan, 2018, 10:05: PM
K2SO4.Al2(SO4)3.24H2O is known as potash alum
If you want to refine metals like K and Al is done by electrolysis.
But it is the very complicated method if you are want to extract metals from potash alum.
because it has very low contained metals in this compound we will get the very low amount of metal
Extraction of metals is only done by those ores which contained the maximum amount of metals.
Answered by Ramandeep | 9th Jan, 2018, 11:45: AM
- Que:- How is the aluminium metal extracted? (In the bauxite ore it occures as hydrated aluminium oxide ,so also explain the steps we need to follow before electrolytic reduction)
- Both Al2O3.2 H2O (bauxite) and Na3AlF6(Cryolite) contain aluminium metal in them. But bauxite is used to extract aluminium metal but not Cryolite. Why?
- what is calcination?
- What is rusting
- what is metallurgy
- What are the uses of bronze and brass alloys? (State with reason)
- Difference between electrolytic reduction and electrolytic refining.
- Why does lmpure copper dissolve but not pure copper in acidified copper sulphate solution during electrolytic refining of copper
- By which process metal can be obtained from metal oxide?
- describe the use of aluminium asc reducing agent for reduction of metal oxides .. give the equations involved
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number