How we create a magnet on our own
Asked by priyanshuraval1207.7sdatl | 9th May, 2020, 07:09: PM
Place a bar of soft iron inside a coil of insulated wire with several turns and pass the current through the coil so that the soft iron will be strongly magnetised.
One end of the iron will become a north pole and the other will become a south pole. When the current in the coil is turned off, the soft iron bar loses its magnetism and this type of combination is called an electromagnet. Thus an electromagnet is a temporary magnet because its magnetism can be switched on or off when required.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 9th May, 2020, 08:17: PM
- Write any two properties of a magnet.
- why does a magnet attract something ?
- Why due to property of magnet unlike pole attract
- Why is the property of magnet that like pole repel
- What is magnetic compass? How can we apply the concept of direction of magnet to judge the directions?
- Why a north pole iron rod repel to another iron rod of north pole?
- What is magnetic compass? State it use
- What is magnetism
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number