how to understand in a speed distance equation that we have to plus it or minus it
please give the key words to understand it like usual speed will be plus or minus.
Asked by 263rajvir | 25th Feb, 2019, 08:41: PM
Speed is always positive as it is a scalar quantity. While velocity is vector quantity its magnitude and direction both are taken into consideration.
So, while using an equation,
velocity (v) = displacement ÷ time
Velocity can either be positive or negative.
So, if you consider that the object is moving upward direction is positive then object moving in a downward direction is negative.
Or if the velocity of an object moving in the right is positive then the velocity of an object moving to the left is negative.
This same concept of the sign (plus and minus) is applicable to displacement which is again a vector quantity.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 26th Feb, 2019, 12:50: PM
- a car is moving with the acceleration 2m/s from rest find the distance traveled by the car in 10th second
- A car travells 33 km south 13 km west and 14 km north in half an hour calculate the average velocity
- briefly explain different type of motions
- in 12 minute a car whose speed is 35km/hr travel with a distance of
- Abdul, while driving to school, computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 km/h. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 km/h. What is the average speed of Abdul's trip?
- what is angular velocity
- A car travels with speed 30km /h for 30mins .and then with speed 40km/h for one hour find the total distance traveled by the car
- two men approach each other from opposite direction with velocity 10m/s and 15m/s . If their initial separation was 150m when and where will they meet?
- what is average speed
- What is Velocity?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number