how to test that metal oxide is basic in nature and co2 is acidic in nature?
Asked by mrinalini mrinalini | 28th Jul, 2014, 09:22: PM
When metal oxide is dissolved in water, it forms metal hydroxide which is basic in nature (test with litmus paper).
When CO2 is dissolved in water, it forms carbonic acid which tests acidic in nature with litmus paper.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 30th Jul, 2014, 10:09: AM
- what is the neutralization reaction
- What is the chemical name of baking soda
- what is chemical equation
- What do you mean by crystalline nature of salts?
- what is hardness of water
- What happens when after adding water to quicklime it is applied on the walls ?
- what is a quicklime?
- is the common salt used in our homes purely sodium chloride or does it contain any impurities?
- Sir! How hydration enthalpy is responsible for the reducing nature..? Please explain..
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number