How to increase the yield of sulphuric acid in Contact process? Draw the flow chart for the manufacture of sulphuric acid.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 11th Jun, 2014, 02:12: PM
The key step in the manufacture of H2SO4 is the catalytic oxidation of SO2 with O2 to give SO3 in the presence of V2O5 (catalyst).
2SO2(g) + O2(g) 2SO3(g)
The reaction is exothermic, reversible and the forward reaction leads to a decrease in volume. Therefore, low temperature and high pressure are the favourable conditions for maximum yield.
Answered by | 11th Jun, 2014, 04:12: PM
- the sulphide which is insoluble in dilute nitric acid is
- SF6 exist not OF6. Why?
- Pl answer
- The incorrect order of decreasing oxidation number of S in compounds is: H2 S2 O7 > Na2 S4 O6 > Na2 S2 O3 > S8 H2 S O5 > H2 S O3 > S Cl2 > H2 S S O3 > S O2 > S8 > H2 S H2 S O4 > S O2 > H2 S > H2 S2 O8
- Why is SF6 not easily hydrolysed by water ?
- A hydride of gr 16 element is a gas and acts as a reducing agent when reacted with SO2. It has a smell of rotten eggs and is used in qualitative analysis. It forms a black ppt with Ni2+ in basic medium. It also forms a black ppt with lead acetate solution. Identify the gas and write the equations involved.
- The correct order of S—S bond length in following oxyanions is : (I) S2O42– (II) S2O52– (III) S2O6–2
- What are the allotropic forms of sulphur?
- Mention some uses of sulphuric acid.
- Draw the structure of Sulphurous acid.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number