How to find the valency of an element in easiest method?
Asked by md775016 | 27th Jul, 2017, 10:18: AM
For metals, Valency is equal to the number of valence electrons.
Number of valence electrons =1Valency = 1
For non-metals, Valency is equal to usually equal to eight minus the number of valence electrons in its atom.
Valency of Chlorine = 8 –7 =1
Valency of a Non-Metal = 8 –No. of valence electrons in its atom
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 27th Jul, 2017, 11:11: AM
- What is kinetic energy?
- what is chemical
- What is kinetic energy
- What is inter molecular force?
- What is meaning of kinetic energy
- in a reaction 4.0g of sodium carbonate were reacted with 10g of hydrochloric acid. The product was a mixture of 2.5g of carbon dioxide and 11.5g of sodium chloride.
- How to identify which radical it is? Any tricks to find?
- What are the forth drawback of Delton'theory ?
- What does 20% w/v sugar syrup means what.
- In a reaction 5.3gm of sodium carbonate reacted with 6gm of ethanoic acid , the products were 2.2gm of carbon dioxide, 0.9gm of water and 8.2 gm of sodium ethanoic. Show that , these observations are in agreement with law of conservation of mass.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number