how to find area of topographical map in km
Asked by nagnath_k | 5th Jul, 2015, 06:56: PM
Following is an example for finding out area of one grid square on Topographic map:
- First find out the scale of the map.
- For example, if a topographic map has a scale of 1:50 000. To find out the area, we will have to find the scale.
- If the scale of the map in RF is 1:50 000, then each cm represents 0.5km.
- Length: 2cm x 0.5km = 1.0 km.
- Width: 2cm X 0.5 km = 1.0km.
- Area of One Grid Square = 1.0km x 1.0km = 1.0 sq. km
Based on the area of the one grid square km, you will be able to find the area of a topographic map.
Answered by Social Science Expert | 6th Jul, 2015, 08:59: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number