how the knowledge of pressure helps to understand the functioning of sports like skiing, karate, ice skating
Asked by chatterjeesarmistha2 | 31st May, 2020, 03:19: PM
Lets understand the role of pressure with the example of ice skating. The theory states that the pressure from the skate lowers the melting temperature of the top layer of ice, causing the ice to melt. The blade then glides on the thin layer of water, which refreezes as soon as the blade passes. When skater wants to move forward or backward they digs their blade and pushes off from the surface, the friction between the blade and ice decreses because the ice is slippery and smooth.For decelerating or stopping skaters exerts more pressure on the ice while turning their blade inwards and outwards which increases the friction against the ice.Similarly in skiing a skier uses his knowledge of adjusting the pressure to ontrol the speed on turns.
In karate/martial arts, pressure points are areas of the body where people can apply pressure or strike in order to cause pain. They can be used to release an attacker’s grip on your arm.Thus having sound knowledge of pressure gives you advantage over your opponent.
Answered by Utkarsh Lokhande | 31st May, 2020, 04:57: PM
- A car covers a distance of 160 km between two cities in 4h. What is the average speed of the car?
- The quantity which tells the distance of a body travels in a certain time is called : a) Acceleration b) Velocity c) Displacement d) None of these
- EXPLAIN TYPES OF MOTIONS
- What is the difference between distance and displacement ???
- Mam can you please solve one math of physics chapter force and motion . The question is A stone dropped from the top of a building reaches the ground with the velocity of 49m/s .If acceleration due to gravity is 9.8m/s2 ,calculate the time for which stone a falling freely
- What is the motion of our chest while inhaling and exaling air
- explain the simple pendulem
- What is speed
- The two persons going in same speed then what say
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number