How much power (IP) is needed to transfer one electron from one atom to another atom?
Asked by adityagogineni15.10spicertl | 18th Jun, 2020, 02:01: PM
Ionisation Potential (IP) varies in different elements. Ionisation potential increases across a period and decreases down a group. Helium (He) is having highest first ionization potential(2370 KJ mol-1). You can understand reason behind this trend by following given link-
Answered by Ravi | 18th Jun, 2020, 06:27: PM
- Why they are electro bond
- If i add Na and Cl artificially , what will happen then Will it form common salt
- Ionic compounds are solids with high melting point give reason
- Element X has 2 valence electrons ,element X has atomic number 7. A) Write equation to show how X and Y form ions. B) If B is a diatomic gas ,write the equation for the direct combination of X and Y to form a compound.
- what is electrovalence
- define ionisation potential
- What is ionisation? Please explain in easy language. Why does ionisation take place? How can covalent compounds be converted into ions as they are composed of molecules?
- why electrovalent compounds dissolve in water but not in petrol
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number