how many pentagons or hexagon structures are there in fullerene
Asked by | 29th Feb, 2008, 01:05: AM
The energetic stability of structural isomers of C24, C26, C28, and C32 clusters, including fullerenes, is studied using diffusion quantum Monte Carlo methods. We predict that a C24 isomer is the smallest stable graphitic fragment and that the smallest stable fullerenes are the C26 and C28 clusters with C2v and Td symmetry, respectively. Given suitable experimental conditions, these small fullerenes should, therefore, be producible in abundance, facilitating production of fullerene-based solids. graphitic means hexagonal rings.
Answered by | 20th Dec, 2017, 04:16: PM
- How to convert ethylbenzene to benzene
- A. If both Assertion & Reason are True & the Reason is a correct explanation of the Assertion. B. If both Assertion & Reason are True but Reason is not a correct explanation of the Assertion. C. If Assertion is True but the Reason is False. D. If both Assertion & Reason are False. Assertion :- Benzene is more acidic than ethane Reason :- Benzene is aromatic compound
- What is the formula of Mesitylene?
- How will you define aromatic hydrocarbons?
- Mention the type of isomerism shown by aromatic compounds with examples.
- What do the terms ortho-, meta or para- stand for?
- What is aromaticity?
- Write a brief note on benzene.
- What is Huckel's rule?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number