How many α and β-partiles are emitted 90Th232 changes to 82Pb208?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 9th Jul, 2014, 04:06: PM
According to law of conservation of atomic number and mass number
90 = 82 + 2x y
2x - y = 8 .................(1)
232 = 208 + 4x
From (1) & (2)
2 (6) -y = 8
12 - 8 = y
Answered by | 9th Jul, 2014, 06:06: PM
- 55Cs124(Z=55,A=124) has a half life of 30.8s. (a) If we have 7.8 microgram initially, how many nuclei are presents? How many are present 2 min later? (b) What is the activity at this time? (c) After how much time will the activity drop to less than about 1 per second?
- how are we supposed to solve this question
- Carbon-14(C14) decays at a constant rate in such a way that it reduces to 50% in 5568 years. Find the age of an old wooden piece in which the carbon is only 25% of the original.
- Radioactive nuclei
- Radioactive elements
- Half-life period of a radioactive sample is 2 days. If the number of nuclei initially present is, find the number of nuclei present after 8 days?
- figure for 13.6 in chapter nuclei
- The half life period of a radioactive substance is 30 days. What is the time for Â¾ th of its original mass to disintegrate?
- Complete the following nuclear reactions (a) 4Be9 + 1H1 →3Li6 + ................ (b) 5B10 + → + ..............
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number