How many 176 ohm resistors ( in parallel) are required to carry 5A on a 220V line?
Asked by adalroshan2464 | 28th Mar, 2019, 02:37: PM
let us assume there is n number of resistor required. since all the resistors are connected in parallel connection so the equivalence resistance = R = 176/n Ω
Using ohms law
220 = 5×(176/n)
n = (176×5)/220
n = 880/220 = 4
So the number of resistor would be 4
Answered by Ankit K | 28th Mar, 2019, 03:05: PM
- A piece of wire of resistence 20 ohm drawn out to increase its length to twice as original length .calculate its resistence now.
- Describe the Ohms law activity and draw the relevant circuit diagram
- What is meant by cross section of a conductor?
- the potential difference across the terminals of electric heater is 60v and it draws a current 4A what current current it draws when potential d
- Definition of ohms law of formula
- If the resistance is doubled then the length also doubled but your in your MCQ quiz the but the length is l/2
- explain ohms law
- To find rarional btw potential difference and current
- A resistance wire made from German silver has a resistance of 4.25 ohm. Calculate the resistance oi another wire, made from the same material such that its length increased by 4times and area decreased by 3times.
- define ohms law
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number