how is the load in a pulley lifted when in actual it is fixed to the axle which does not move. explain in detail.
Asked by thegreatvashita | 2nd Sep, 2014, 08:50: AM
A pulley is a metallic (or wooden) disc with a grooved rim. A string or a rope or a chain is passed around the groove at the rim.The pulley can rotate about an axle passing through its centre. The axle is fixed rigidly to a frame by nails.
The load is connected to one end of the inextensible string that is wound around the grooved rim of the pulley. And effort is applied to the other free end of the string. As the pulley rotates around about the axle , when an effort is applied to the free end of the string in the downward direction it causes the load connected to the other end of the string to move in the upward direction.Thus the load is lifted upwards by applying effort in the downward direction.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 2nd Sep, 2014, 10:12: AM
- the velocity ratio of block and tackle system of police 9 if its efficiency is 95% done by applying an effort of 250 Newton what maximum load can be lifted by pulley system
- what is the First Method Of Combination Of Pulley ?
- ex. 3b numerical 11
- ex. 3b numerical 10
- A block and tackle system has velocity ratio 3 . Draw a labelled diagram of system indicating the point of application and direction of load and effort. A man can exert a pull of 200 kgf. a) what is maximum load he can raise with this pulley system if its efficiency is 60%? b) if effort end moves a distance 60 cm,what distance does the load move?
- Combination of pulleys
- A pully system with V.R. = 4 is used to lift a load of 175 kgf through a vertical height of 15m. The effort required is 50 kgf in the downword direction.(g= 10N/kg) Calculate: (1) Distance moved by the effort. (2) work done by the effort. (3) M.A. of the pully system. (4) efficiancy of the pully.
- (ii) Why should the lower block of this pulley system be of negligible weight?
- Design a pulley with M.A. 5 and V.R. 4 AND IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE THIS KIND OF PULLEY SYSTEM.BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO??
- How to design a pulley with M.A. 5 and V.R. 4? And state how to came to sloution.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number