how is grafting asexual reproduction as it involves mixing of 2 species
Asked by totawadswapnil | 22nd Oct, 2020, 03:23: PM
Grafting is an artificial method of asexual reproduction used to produce plants combining favorable stem characteristics with favorable root characteristics. The stem of the plant to be grafted is known as the scion, and the root is called the stock. Since grafting does not involve the union of male and female germ cells is cannot be regarded as sexual reproduction. It is a form of asexual reproduction.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 23rd Oct, 2020, 11:16: AM
- which type of layering is done in jasmine?
- 1.how many life processes occurs in amoeba? 2.bacteria spieces will end if they stop reproducing.how?
- whip like structure ??
- spore formation
- what is enzymes
- why grafting does not comes under sexual mode of reproduction ?
- difference between multicellular and unicellular organism in terms of reproduction
- why is vegetative propagation practised for growing some type of plants.
- What is tissue culture in Asexual reproduction?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number