how is economic development linked to environmental conservation? explain.(3 marks)
Asked by Rida Mukadam | 1st Mar, 2015, 11:57: AM
- The environment provides us with resources such as water, air and soil, which can be used for economic development.
- If the environment is not conserved, the country might face economic problems and more money would be required to sustain life, thereby hindering economic progress of the nation.
- Conservation of the environment can help in mitigating the expenditures on flood relief and epidemics. The money thus saved can be used for some other purposes.
- Water resources can be made available to the people through the construction of dams.
- Dams are constructed across rivers to regulate the flow of water.
- The large reservoir of a dam stores a huge amount of water.
- The stored water is allowed to flow downstream at the desired rate.
- Economic problems are faced because the construction of dams involves the spending of large amounts of public money without generating proportionate funds.
- Construction of dams leads to several environmental problems such as deforestation and loss of biodiversity as large areas of forest land get submerged in water leading to an ecological imbalance.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 2nd Mar, 2015, 11:39: AM
- Give three measures that can lower the use of coal and petroleum.
- What is the answer for this question?
- What are the disadvantage s of exploiting resources with short term aim
- who are stakeholders of forests? what are their role?
- What are stakeholders?
- Is ground water renewable or non renewable resource?
- What is ethnobotany ?
- What is the importance of stakeholders ☺☺☺❓❓ Pls teachers do give the the answer as fast as possible 🙏🙏🙏🙏
- Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources 1.State an instance where human intervention saved the forests from destruction. 2.List any two additional systems of water harvesting. 3.Why must we conserve our forests? List any two causes for deforestation to take place. 4.How do advantages of exploiting natural resources with short-term aims differ from the advantages of managing our resources with a long-term perspective?  5.What is meant by sustainable management? Environmentalists insiston ‘sustainablenatural resource management’.State its four advantages.  6.What is meant by exploitation of resources with short-term aims? List its four advantages. 7.Is water conservation necessary? Give reasons. 8.Describe the various methods of sustainable management of forests.
- Explain the importance of recycling in the imagination of substanable devolepment and give any two examples?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number