How hormones act as chemical messenger and how they help in conserving water
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 9th Dec, 2017, 08:22: PM
Hormones are chemical messengers that travel throughout the body coordinating complex processes like growth, metabolism, and fertility. These chemical substances are produced in endocrine cells which are present in glands.The hormones then enter the blood system to circulate throughout the body and activate target cells.
In case of dehydration, there are some hormones which help in conserving water. Water excretion is controlled by anti-diuretic hormone that is secreted by pituitary gland. ADH causes the insertion of water channels into the membranes of cells lining the collecting ducts in the kidney, allowing water reabsorption to occur.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 10th Dec, 2017, 08:22: AM
- why is hormone called chemical messenger
- Why insulin is always injected into the body of the patients instead of giving orally?
- Why hormones are called chemical messenger.
- For which reason overexertion is caused in insulin
- Select the odd one out. Saliva,bile,sweat,tears Give reasons for your choice
- Which hormone is released as soon as taking a meal ??
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number