How doesw water shed management increases biomass production
Asked by Kawalsyali | 1st Mar, 2020, 12:19: PM
Watershed management programme serves to integrate planning for land and water resources. Appropriate conservation and management of rainwater enables to grow crops throughout the year. Harnessing of available water resources with efficient water conservation and management techniques has significantly increased foodgrains and biomass production and resulted in moderation of floods, mitigation of droughts, augmentation of water ground recharge, employment generation and improvement of socio-economic conditions of the local people. Production of biomass has increased drastically due to the availability of water resources all the year round as per the requirements of different crops.
Answered by | 1st Mar, 2020, 09:39: PM
- Why is damage to ozone layer is a cause of concern? Why steps are being taken to limit this damage?
- What is the effect of biomagnification on organisms of different trophic levels, especially the tertiary consumers?
- dumping of non biodegradable wastes reduce crop yield . why?
- Please solve this below question
- define the term biomagnification
- explain the phenomenon of biological magnification .How does it affect organisms belonging to different tropic level particularly the tertiary consumers
- Recycling is a good method for conservation of resources and disposal of waste. Justified the statement
- How is ozone made and how it is destroyed?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number