how does wind produce electricity and how can we use biogass
Asked by Mini | 30th Sep, 2015, 08:30: PM
Air in motion is called wind. It possesses kinetic energy due to its speed. The kinetic energy of wind is is utilised to obtain wind energy.Windmills are used to generate electricity from wind energy. A windmill is a simple machine with a structure similar to a large fan erected at some height. The rotatory motion of the windmill is utilised to run the turbine of an electric generator.
The wind energy can be used to run a pump in order to draw water from the ground. It can also be used to run a flour mill to grind grain.
Uses of biogas:
1. It is used as a fuel to run engines.
2. It is used for lighting.
3. The slurry left behind is removed and used as manure, which is rich in nitrogen and phosphorus.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 1st Oct, 2015, 10:24: AM
- What is bombarding with 'low energy neutrons'? ?
- What is solar constant
- how does a water. mill and a wind mill work
- what is solar cell
- compare and contrast fossil fuels and the sun as direct sources of energy
- state true or false inside a nuclear reactor there are several rods of uranium used as coolant.
- Sir / Madam, the answer in mcq for sun is exhaustible or inexhaustible is exhaustible. But according to google sun stop shining after about 5 billion years because all the hydrogen in its core will run out which is the main fuel due to the sun produces light . So, how is sun an exhaustible resource...... https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1DFOC_enIN722IN722&sxsrf=ALeKk01FxDzzR6NaiqJemSXjUgozE6Es6A%3A1583300076347&ei=7D1fXuboFOOZmgewopyQBA&q=will+sun+someday+stop+shining&oq=will+sun+someday+stop+shining&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30.3573.5587..6812...0.2..0.274.1316.0j6j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.xERtvtCTqGA&ved=0ahUKEwjmjv60jIDoAhXjjOYKHTARB0IQ4dUDCAs&uact=5 ( FOR REFERENCE).
- write the energy conversion that takes place in hydropwer plant
- Write difference between thermal power and hydro power plant on the basis of energy generation
- What is the basis of nuclear energy.Explain briefly.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number