how does potential energy of (1)mutual interection (2)net electrostatic potencial energy of two charges change when they are placed in an external electric field.
Asked by Ankur pandey | 3rd Mar, 2015, 12:10: AM
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 3rd Mar, 2015, 12:43: PM
- If one of the two electrons of a H2 molecule is removed, we get a hydrogen molecular ion . In the ground state of an , the two protons are separated by roughly 1.5, and the electron is roughly 1 from each proton. Determine the potential energy of the system. Specify your choice of the zero of potential energy.
- The plates of a parallel plate capacitor have an area of 90 cm2 each and are separated by 2.5 mm The capacitor is charged by connecting it to a 400 V supply How much electrostatic energy is stored by the capacitor? View this energy as stored in the electrostatic field between the plates, and obtain the energy per unit volume u. Hence arrive at a relation between u and the magnitude of electric field E between the plates.
- A 4 μF capacitor is charged by a 200 V supply. It is then disconnected from the supply and is connected to another uncharged 2μF capacitor. How much electrostatic energy of the first capacitor is lost in the heat and electromagnetic radiation?
- Write an expression for the electrostatic potential energy in terms of the electric field.
- How much work is required to be done to separate the charges of a dipole till infinity with Q ± 7μC and r = 0.18 m?
- What is the potential at a point 6 × 10-15 m away from a proton? What will be the potential energy of a system, if another proton is brought to a distance 2 × 10-15 m from it?
- How much work has to be done to maintain electric dipole with moment 6 x 10-8 cm and angle 60o in an electric field of magnitude 1.2 x 104 N/C?
- (a) Depict the equipotential surfaces for a system of two identical positive point charges placed a distance 'd' apart. (b) Deduce the expression for the potential energy of a system of two point charges q1 and q2 brought from infinity to the points respectively in the presence of external electric field .
- <div><strong>what this mean that the potential energy so defined is undetermined to within an additive constant</strong></div>
- <div>1.two isolated metal spheres Aandb have radiir and 2r respectively and same cchargeq.find which of the two sphers have greater:capacitance and energy density just outside the surface of the spheres.</div> <div>b.show that the equipotential surfaces are closed together in the regions of strongfield and far apart in the regions of weak field.draw equipotential surfaces for and electric diole.</div> <div>c.concentric equipotential surfaces due to a charged body placed at the centre are shown .identify the polarity of the charge and draw the electric field lines due to it.</div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number