how does a boat float in water?
Asked by kumar.ashlesha | 23rd Mar, 2015, 07:55: PM
When a boat is kept on water surface, the presure of water pushing up on the bottom of the boart
and bady remain afloat by an upwards force (buoyant force). As the boat slowly lowered into the water,
due to increase in buoyant force it displaced more and more water.
The boat will stop sinking once the buoyant force become equal to the weight og liquid displaced by the boat.
This is how body floats in water.
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 24th Mar, 2015, 09:19: AM
- what is density?
- When a piece of cork is put into the water it starts floating on the surface of water due to the upward buoyant force from water.
- you are provided with a piece of rock and common laboratory equipments.how will you proceed to find its density.
- what are fluids?
- What is the unit of density?
- What happens if the bouyant force of liquid is equal to or greater than or less than the solid object which is to be immersed into the liquid
- what is the relationship between boyant force and displaced water
- pressure at certain depth in river water is p1.,same depth in sea water is p2.which of following is correct? a)p1=p2 b)p1>p2 c)p1<p2 d)p1-p2=atmospheric pressure
- why is it easier for a person to swim in sea water than in fresh water?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number