How do oil spills affect birds?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Oct, 2016, 01:20: PM
In oceanic regions, certain birds feed on fish which swim near the surface. To catch the fish, these birds dive into the water. When the birds dive in water which has oil spilled on its surface, the oil sticks to the feathers and makes the birds heavy and incapable of taking flight.
Answered by | 27th Oct, 2016, 03:20: PM
- Define waterbpollution
- Explain the uses of plastic in 5 different areas/fields
- What are the main sources of water pollution?
- What do you mean by untreated sewage?
- What is an industrial effluent and what does it contain?
- What is an oil spill? Why is it considered a water pollutant?
- What is eutrophication?
- Name the organisms due to which the ponds often look green in colour? What is the source for growth of such organisms?
- What are water pollutants?
- What do the bacteria present in the faeces of mammals indicate?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number