How do muscles help in moving the bones?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 15th Jun, 2016, 12:46: PM
Muscles work in pairs. When one of them contracts, the bone is pulled in that direction. The other muscle of the pair relaxes. To move the bone in the opposite direction, the relaxed muscle contracts to pull the bone towards its original position, while the first relaxes. A muscle can only pull. It cannot push. Thus, two muscles have to work together to move a bone.
Answered by | 15th Jun, 2016, 02:46: PM
- what is keen joint
- what are bones made up of ?
- what is bone ?
- Why is the human skull made up of smaller bones rather than just one hollow spherical bones?
- how many bones are in human body
- (i) Write the importance of skull.(ii) What is function of the discs of cartilage present between the vertebrae of backbone?
- (i) What are the hip bones called? What is their role?(ii) What is the role of a rib cage?
- (i) What is a backbone? (ii) What is the scientific name of backbone? (iii) Write the main functions of backbone.
- (i) What is skeleton? (ii) What are the various functions of skeleton?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number