How do human activities affect the environment?(5 marks)
Include these topics in your answer
- Create inbalance in ecosystem
- Depletion of ozone layer
- Environment degredation
- Produce garbage
Asked by sajal2402 | 27th Dec, 2018, 12:49: PM
1. Air, water, land and noise pollution has greatly affected the environment. Environmental pollution has affected humans, animals, plants and ecosystem.
2. Interference in cyclic flow of materials from abiotic environment to the biosphere and food webs affects ecological balance.
3. The depletion of ozone layer allows entering of UV rays from sun into the earth’s atmosphere which is associated with a number of health related and environmental issues such as skin cancer, eye damage, The depletion of ozone layer has effects in the form of global warming, which in turn leads to melting of polar ice, which will lead to rising sea levels and climatic changes around the world.
4. Environmental degradation has a host of negative outcomes that effect human beings both directly and indirectly such as increased poverty, famine, weather extremes and species loss.
5. Garbage causes damage to local ecosystems, and it is a threat to plant and animal life. For example, landfills serve as a popular dining location for birds and other animals, but some of what they eat can cause diseases.Garbage and liquid waste that end up in water bodies negatively change the chemical composition of the water thereby causing water pollution.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 28th Dec, 2018, 09:53: AM
- What are stakeholders?
- Is ground water renewable or non renewable resource?
- What is ethnobotany ?
- What is the importance of stakeholders ☺☺☺❓❓ Pls teachers do give the the answer as fast as possible 🙏🙏🙏🙏
- Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources 1.State an instance where human intervention saved the forests from destruction. 2.List any two additional systems of water harvesting. 3.Why must we conserve our forests? List any two causes for deforestation to take place. 4.How do advantages of exploiting natural resources with short-term aims differ from the advantages of managing our resources with a long-term perspective?  5.What is meant by sustainable management? Environmentalists insiston ‘sustainablenatural resource management’.State its four advantages.  6.What is meant by exploitation of resources with short-term aims? List its four advantages. 7.Is water conservation necessary? Give reasons. 8.Describe the various methods of sustainable management of forests.
- Explain the importance of recycling in the imagination of substanable devolepment and give any two examples?
- What is meant by blue revolution?
- Explain then working of a biogas plant with proper diagram.( write the answer in points )
- Why should we conserve forests and wildlife
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number