how did benjamin franklin discover that clouds are electrically charged in a thunder storm?
Asked by nathsantanukumar | 16th Nov, 2018, 06:20: PM
In a thunder charges from different clouds interact with each other and flow of charge can be see as thunder. So what Franklin did he put a kite in that cloud so the kites and its string gets charge as the charges on the cloud wanted to get discharge. When that passes through wet string it can produce an electric current. When Vranklin touched that string charges started to flow from Franklin body since its voltage is very high its gave a shock to Franklin. This make him think about flow of current through material.
Answered by Ankit K | 16th Nov, 2018, 10:45: PM
- who is responsible for flow of electric current
- What is the theory of electrostatic force?
- what causes lightning?
- define 1) kWh 2)fuse 3)induction 4)static electricity
- explain static electricity on the basis of the atomic theory
- what are the precautions that one must take while handling electrical appliances? states any four points
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number