how can we find wether an element is solid,liquid,gas or aques??
Asked by manya.bhardwaj.01 | 8th Jul, 2017, 09:49: AM
If the element belongs to right side of the periodic table, then it is a non-metal or present in a gaseous phase.
If the element belong to left side of the periodic table, then it is a metal or present in solid phase.
If the solid is soluble in water such as ionic solid sodium chloride, then the ions are written with subscripted (aq) phase.
From the position in periodic table, one can come to know the phase of the element.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 8th Jul, 2017, 03:53: PM
- how to solve chemical equations. like this type of question.
- Question 3
- what is matter
- chemical reaction
- Why does plaster of paris harden on mixing with water?
- Why to study chemical reaction
- What is a reagent?
- why magnesium ribbon is cleaned before burning in air
- why is a chemical reaction balanced
- definition reducing agent and oxidising agent.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number